Friday, February 15, 2008

The Beginning.....

Welcome fellow foodies! I am starting this blog as a reaction to all of the discussions that my friends and coworkers have about the local restaurant scene. I believe that Ithaca is a fairly unique town for dining, and the sheer number of restaurants per capita invites discourse on the subject. To give you some background, I am a local chef and restaurant owner, I grew up in Ithaca, and I attended Cornell. This gives me a unique, although possibly biased, perspective on local food. I don't really want this to become a pessimistic or cruel process; I am not interested in cutting down restaurants or over analyzing every aspect of my experiences, rather communicating an overall level of enjoyment at each establishment. Of course this involves the food, service, cleanliness and overall atmosphere of the restaurants, the complete picture, including the most important, fun! That is what I feel is missing from most reviews: how much fun did we have? Isn't that why we go out in the first place?

No comments: