Monday, February 18, 2008

The Glenwood Pines

If you think Viva is a guilty pleasure, you haven't been to The Pines. Hands down, the best burgers in the area. I believe they still grind the meat for the burgers in-house. The menu is simple: steak, fish, burgers, pasta and sides. The reason for going to The Pines is for the burgers, or at least the reason that you should go to The Pines for the first time, is for the burgers. I have had some of the other items, but I always go back to the Pinesburger with 1000 island dressing. This is a third of a pound burger that has been shaped like an oval and served on a french bread sub roll, pretty serious. The sides are also great, go for the fries, corn nuggets and broccoli cheddar bites.

I know there is nothing gourmet about any of the food I just mentioned, but it is so satisfying. There is almost nothing that tastes better with a cold beer than Pines food.

1 comment:

Off the Curve said...

Anything that comes out of the fryolater at the Pines is fine by me.